Friday, 2 September 2016

2/9

A great big HELLO

Hi and welcome to the **Gangplank Birthday Celebration Blog**.

Apart from writing a couple of snippets on a cruise related website (and keeping a pre-hol "practice diary" on here since March), I've never really blogged in my life but, as it's such a special occasion (see side panel 😄), I thought this holiday would be the perfect opportunity to give proper blogging a proper go.

If everything goes to plan, updates should appear on a daily basis however, dodgy internet connections (which happened on our last cruise), busy days on land and sea, writer's block (I use the word 'writer' loosely) and a few other, as yet unknown gremlins, may well scupper that idea.  
That said, even if any (or all) of the above means I can't post every day, you should keep checking in........with a bit of determination, a lot of luck and a whole host of guardian angels looking after me blog-wise, there will hopefully be something new to read at some point *crosses fingers.

A final few words...please forgive the typos I'm bound to make, grammatical errors, my occasional "txt spk" and any plain old badly written posts. 
I'll hold my hands up now and admit (especially after all the rewrites I had to do on the 'diary') that there are quite a few reasons why I never became an author.


Cheers everyone 

S


 PS **try saying that out loud, repeatedly - it's a proper tongue twister ha ha**